I heard that song on the radio this morning and it reminded me of last summer...
Every year all the girls in my family get together and go to the beach for the weekend. It's always a lot of fun. So anyway, last year we went down to Sarasota and one night we decided to go out to dinner. There were like 25 of us so we had to take different cars (obviously. no one in my family owns a bus). So I got in my aunt Connie's car with her, my cousin Rita, and my other aunt Shirley. My aunt Connie always knows where she's going so when my aunt Janice got lost, she called my aunt Connie to see how to get to wherever. My aunt's phone started ringing and that song ("Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" by Big and Rich) was her ringtone. She didn't answer it right away, she just let it ring and started singing along. Then she answered the phone and kept on singing...
"Cause I saddle up my horse and I ride into the city
I make a lot of noise cause the girls, they are so pretty
Riding up and down Broadway on my old stud Leroy
And the girls say Save a horse, ride a cowboy.
Everybody says Save a horse, Ride a cowboy!"
She had it on speaker phone and all we heard was my aunt Janice yelling, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! YOU AIN'T RIDIN' NO COWBOY!"
Everytime I hear that song, I think of this and laugh out loud.
Now I have to go take a shower so I can go to my b/f's grandparents house for dinner. Beer can chicken, oh yea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow - that song reminds me of when me and the girls on my track team went down to state last year, we made a mix CD and for some reason it got stuck on this song for a while and we were totally fine with that! We were singing this song at least 5 times in a row and everytime I hear that song I think back to us in the steakhouse the night before state!
Post a Comment