Saturday, May 19, 2007

I love my b/f's great-grandmother

She is hilarious. Last night we went to Olive Garden for my b/f's brother's birthday (tongue twister, I know). When we got to the restaurant, his grandparents, parents, and great-grandmother were waiting for our table. His grandma had a glass of red wine and his great-grandma had an empty margarita glass. His 80-something year-old great-grandma had finished off that sucker before we even got there.

When we finally got our table, she sat across from us. The servers came to take our drink order and asked if anyone wanted a free sample of some Pinot Grigio. His aunt said, "Grandma, do you want to sample some wine?" Of course, she said yes. Then she ordered a red wine and tried to order his eleven-year-old brother a raspberry margarita. Half of me knows she was kidding and the other half thinks she was serious.

So while we're waiting for our food to come, his aunt was asking me about the kitten. Here is the conversation that followed:

G=Great-Grandma
A=Aunt
M=Me

A - So how many kittens did your cat have?
M - Only two. One didn't make it some we only have one.
G - Is she a Siamese cat?
M - No ma'am, she's just a regular cat.
G - Oh, I asked because I had a Siamese cat once and you know, they only have two kittens at a time.
M - I didn't know that, wow.
G - Yea, one of our kittens was retarted. He just wasn't all there.

I can't even type that without laughing. I tried so hard not to laugh last night but I couldn't do it.

When we left the restaurant, I told my b/f about it and he also thought it was hilarious. I said, "I thought your Grandma Kroll (her name) might be getting a little tipsy but then I realized that she didn't drink much of her wine. He said, "Are you kidding? That woman could drink a keg by herself and be fine."

I totally don't doubt that she could.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun! (That's also wierd about the siamese cats only having 2).

I've seen your Etsy site before! The name makes me feel refreshed like I just drank some lemonade. I love the apple fabric, and I want to eat the truffle bobby pins! Wow. All food. I need to head to the kitchen for a snackie!

Melissa said...

I also left you a comment WAY down about the gingerbread man post. :)

becca.elpy said...

You have such fun entries, Megan. That Grandma sounds like fun! :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online