I've had that song in my head for almost 3 days straight. I've listened to it about four time today.
Anyway, a few weeks ago my b/f and I talked seriously (and for the first time) about getting married. we agreed that we should get a little more school done and save money because we can't live on his $98 every two weeks, sorry. So lately he's been mentioning it more and more. Yesterday he told me that he had this conversation with his mom...
B = bf/f
M = mom
easy enough, right?
M: So how are you?
B: I'm fine.
M: How are you and Megan?
B: We're good.
M: Still dating?
B: Yes.
M: So when's the wedding?
B: I don't know.
M: Has she said anything?
B: Yea, we've talked.
M: Is she ok with having me for a mother-in-law?
B: Yea. I told her she'd have to go shopping with you a lot.
M: Yes, that's right.
His mom is probably the best mother-in-law I could ever ask for. She has four boys though so there is no doubt that there will be many, many shopping trips with her. What I totally love here though is his mom is cool with us getting married young. She was married at seventeen! I mean, it'll probably be at least 2 more years before we actually get married but I'll still be younger than my mom was, and that is why I haven't said a word to my parents. My uncle (jokingly) said something to us the other day about it and it freaked my dad out. I know it freaked him out because he told my uncle to shut up.
But now Kyle's got me thinking that it will be sooner than I think. Today I was cooking him lunch (see? I can cook and clean and everything, I'll make a great wife) and he picked me up like the groom picks up the bride to carry her over the threshold. He put me down and said, "I'm gonna start working out." I was thinking, "Hahaha, my health nut ways have finally gotten to you!" But I didn't say that, I just asked why. He said, "Because when we get married, I have to carry you like that and I can barely pick you up right now because I'm not strong." I told him that I think he'll have plenty of time to work out before then. He didn't say anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment