Monday, June 11, 2007

Procrastination

I have a paper due tomorrow and I should be writing it since I haven't even started on it. Instead, I'll tell you a story.

We spent most of Saturday walking around downtown St. Augustine. I was with my aunt Connie and my cousin Angela while my aunt Melanie, other cousin Marlana, and some other family members were at the fort and they were supposed to meet up with us when they were done. So after like 1.5 hours without a phone call from them, I said that I was getting hungry. Aunt Connie called aunt Melanie to ask if they wanted to meet up for lunch. They were already in a little cafe ordering lunch. Thanks for calling. So she said, "We're near Harry's. Tell us where yall are and we'll just come eat with you." And aunt Melanie says, "I don't know what the restaurant is called but it's a little green building about two doors down from Harry's. You can't miss it." So we start walking.

Two doors down and no green building.
Five doors down, no green building.
Ten doors down, still no green building.

We got to the end of the street and Angela called aunt Melanie and said, "We've walked about fifteen doors down from Harry's and there is no green building anywhere."

I have no idea what aunt Melanie said but we turned around and she was standing in front of a small brick building.

Yes, brick. Not green. Aunt Connie said, "Melanie. Does this look like a green building to you?!"

Do you know what she said back?

"It's green on the inside so I assumed it was green outside."

Yea. Like we went inside these restaurants to check out the wall color. Anyway, my chicken wrap was delicious.

1 comment:

becca.elpy said...

LOL. What more can be said. Family trips are hilarious.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online