or just any city in which driving isn't a requirement. Driving is proving to be difficult task for me.
Today my gas gauge told me that I had 15 miles to go until empty. I decided that I do not want to be stuck on the parkway in the almost-rainy weather so I got gas. My gas tank is on the driver's side and when I pulled into the gas station, I pulled in so that the gas pump was on the passenger's side. Why? I have no idea. I got in the car, put my foot on the brake and tried putting the car into gear. Only the keys were sitting in my lap. Not doing me any good there. So I finally got the car cranked and I did a quick three-point-turn in the parking lot (all the while saying, "pleeeeeeaaaase don't let me hit anyone"). That was the slowest pump ever. I thought I was gonna be late for class and when I think I'm gonna be late somewhere, I start freaking out.
Well, I wasn't late but I did spend $42.50 filling up my freakin car. FORTY TWO FIFTY filling up my Mustang. When I started driving (just over 3 years ago), it cost me $27 to fill it up.
Someone get me a bike. That way I can cancel my gym membership, save the environment, and not pay almost $50 to fill up my car. I'll be Wonder Woman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I remember when I could fill up my Jetta for less than $15. I feel old! And sad!
I wish public transit was more convenient where I live.
I don't have a car but it costs about the same to fill up the family van. Eesh!
Post a Comment