As I was posting on this thread, I was reminded of a kid that I went to elementary school with.
(Again, click that link and read my response or this will seem totally irrelevant.)
It was 3rd and/or 4th grade and this kid had a crush on me. I couldn't stand him. He wore his hair slicked back and had a leather jacket. He thought he was cool...so did all the other girls. Not me. I think that's when my attraction to not conventionally good-looking guys began. So anyway, this kid would talk about "CryBaby" all the time and I had no idea who or what "CryBaby" was. He would write me "love" letters and when my aunt picked me up from school, I'd hide them in my backpack or pockets so no one would find them. I didn't even read most of them, I'd just throw them away. I guess his crush wore off by about 5th grade. I can't remember if we went to middle school together or not. I tried to find him via MySpace but come on, MySpace is craptastic. I hate MySpace with the fire of a thousand suns...and then some.
Fast forward about 12 years and I'm watching "CryBaby", drawn in by the super fantabulous Johnny Depp.
Then a light goes on in my head.
A greaser, slicked back hair, the name "CryBaby". This is it! THIS is who/what he was worshipping!
So then I was thinking, if, in 3rd or 4th grade, you realize how cool Johnny Depp is, you must not be all that bad. Maybe I should have given the poor kid a chance?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hahaha, that's such a funny kid. I didn't know nine year olds tried to imitate Johnny Depp. Too cute.
Post a Comment