Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The weirdness I encountered today aka WHAT

Today was exceptionally strange. It started this morning on my drive to work...

My work is on a one-way street (for those of you in Anchorage, Northern Lights.) I was in the far right lane because my work was coming up. In the distance, I could see a woman walking in the middle of my lane. There were no cars in front of me so I figured she'd hop on the sidewalk when I reached her. She didn't. I stopped 20-30 feet in front of her and she kept walking toward my car. Right in the middle of the lane. I couldn't get over so I sat there with my hands up, shrugging at her. She kept walking in the road like nothing's going on. (At which point I was like, "WHAT THE HELL?!?) So I got over and passed her and she finally got on the sidewalk. She had no expression on her face, and ever said anything. (Anchorage has a drug and alcohol but mostly alcohol and meth problem. Amen.)

Later...

My boss is fantastic, so he lets me take two hours off in the middle of the day to go to class. On my way back from the university, I turned onto the street my work is on and got into the turn lane to actually turn into work. There was a man walking in the turn lane. Just moseying along, taking his time. At this point, I'm DONE with this random walking in the middle of busy roads business. So I yelled inside my car. The man finally crossed the street (I saw a turtle pass him) and I got back to the office.

Immediately after that...

Walking from my car to the office, I made eye contact with a man peeing on a dumpster. Which prompted me to tweet, "Just made eye contact with a man peeing on the dumpster outside. fml."

1 comment:

Sailor July said...

Holy crap. I would be SO pissed at those people...

As for the guy peeing on the dumpster. Ew!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online