Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'm an admin assistant and I'll be doing admin assistant type things.

This week I said goodbye to the coffee shop, without a job lined up. I wasn't too worried, it might give me a chance to really work on my photography and stop neglecting my Etsy shop...but I was still sending resumes at a rate of at least two a day.

I had two interviews lined up this week, I had a preference but would take either one. I like free time, crafting, and photography but I like not worrying about paying the bills a little more.

I unintentionally crashed and burned on my first interview. I just sort of fell apart? I didn't feel pressured or anything so I'm still not sure what happened.

That's for the best, though...as my second interview later that week? It was splendid. (Splendid, you guys.) I waited on pins and needles that afternoon for a phone call. They told me they'd call after 3:00 so you can imagine my surprise when I got a call around 1:30 offering me the job.

I start my new job on Monday and I couldn't be more excited.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on your new job! i am currently going through the job hunt as well, so i understand the anxiety of waiting for "the call".

ashleyTIA said...

Congratulations! So excited for you. (I'm an admin too, I enjoy it...most days!)

Sailor July said...

WOOHOO!!! Go Meg!!! I hope you enjoy and love your new job. ^_^

Also, Jen and I start our new job on Monday too! Yay for New Job Monday's! :P

Jenna Appleton said...

nice, congratulations! hope you enjoy the new work environment :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online