Not many people may have read this tweet, but I'd like to elaborate. 140 characters isn't enough and I'd like to clarify.
I don't mean to offend anyone. In that tweet, I meant that I'm sick of hearing what anyone, especially women, think women's bodies should look like.
The truth is, I do get a little offended at comments like "real women have curves." Because I don't have them. And there are women who mean that, who think that if you don't have curves, you're less of a woman. That's not cool. (Not that everyone who uses that phrase thinks that, of course.) Do I want curves? Yes. I think I'd kill for a body like Marilyn's.
I try not to get offended, though, and I'll keep working on that.
In the mean time, let's stop worrying about what each others bodies look like. Let's focus on ourselves for once, and make sure we're healthy and happy. Because if you're not healthy and happy...what do you have?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
There has been a lot of body talk this week!
I get what you mean. I'm not wearing jr's like you ;), but I'm super flat chested. Sometimes, I feel less womanly than other girls. But I usually snap out of it, because I have no health issues, and I love my life.
And you are every bit as womanly as Marilyn. :)
Post a Comment