We rang in the new year at some friends' house. It's always nice to hang out with other military couples because you know they're going through the same things you are. As nice as it is, it's a little awkward when you are the only couple in attendance who is not pregnant or has a baby. We don't want a baby right now but sometimes I wish we had one so I'd have something to contribute to the conversation. Oh well.
My new year's resolutions are as follows:
- Work on my photography. I asked Kyle for a Canon Rebel for my birthday.
- Pay more attention to my shop.
- Get back into the workout routine.
- Go hiking this summer. Now that I don't have to worry about snakes, I'm excited to get outside (when the snow melts and temps get above 0!)
Have a safe, healthy, and happy 2009!
[Photo: lights on State Street in Madison, WI.]


2 comments:
i totally know what you mean about not having a baby. Tim and I are not ready either. I am totally content with our cat for now..and we are getting a dog when we move to Pendleton.
Isnt it weird...most military couples have kids...I do at times feel like I need to have kids...or other couples wont take us seriously. Haha...oh well. Im sssoooo not ready for kids.
happy new year!
ooh, i got a canon rebel for christmas and have been snapping pics like mad. love it! so much to figure out, it's a huge step up from my point and shoot. i hope you get one.
and having kids is such a huge decision. definitely don't rush it. (i say as both an unmarried and childless person, heh)
Post a Comment