Monday, January 5, 2009

Two and a half hours

Until the season premiere of "The Secret Life of the American Teenager." I'm. so. excited. I'll have to go upstairs to watch it because Kyle will refuse to watch it but it's ok. I was upstairs watching the marathon yeterday and it was fine.

I credit this show with getting me through this past summer when Kyle was away. It was something I looked forward to and could count on every week. That's something you need when your SO is away...especially if he's away on basic training and tech school because during basic, you don't get to talk to him and during tech school, there's still not much of a guarantee. One night in tech school he got in trouble and I didn't get to talk to him for two days. He spent that weekend doing details like cleaning bathrooms and whatnot.

Anyway, back to the show. I don't know if it's all that realistic because there's a lot of sex talk and stuff and let me tell you, my teenage years weren't like that. And I don't know anyone who got pregnant from having sex one time but I guess it happens. I'm gonna wrap this up now because I can only imagine what kind Google searches are going to lead people to this post.

2 comments:

Tia Colleen said...

I tried to watch that show, but something always came up. I'm hoping that someone I know will get it on dvd and let me borrow it, haha. Tonight Christopher was like "honey, the season premiere of that show you like is on..." and I made a sad face, and he knew exactly what I was thinking, since this happens with every show i try to like. He then said "we don't have to buy season 1 do we", in his annoyed voice. Haha.

Did she have the baby in the first season?

NO! Don't tell me.

Also, I like how the daughter from Still Standing is in that show.

becca.elpy said...

haha, re: google searches.

i saw an ad for that show in the mall where they have this tele-billboard thing. it intrigued me, but i don't have cable. i will probably be buying a lot of shows on dvd as time goes on.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online