My desk is also from Target (this same collection, actually) and they are both so nice. Really nice for furniture from Target. You have to put them together yourself and if you can get a husband who doesn't put everything on backwards and then has to take it all apart and redo it, it gets put together relatively fast. Anyway, I was so glad to get the TV, Xbox, and cable box off of the floor and all the wires tucked away.My next project is curtains. I wasn't going to put any up but when we went to Garrett and Christina's on New Year's Eve, her curtains looked so nice and really made the place feel like a home. The fabric store in the University center has Amy Butler home decor fabrics and, once I got over sticker shock, I was so excited to get started.
I like this. Kyle said it's too girly. So I looked up some Alexander Henry fabrics because I'm a huge fan of his fabrics.Kyle liked these.
Because, you know, lions and tattoos are so "us." If his computer room and my craft room weren't the same room, I'd make him some tattoo curtains because I actually really like that fabric but I've never had a reason to use it.
So here's what I'm gonna do:
- Take Kyle to fabric store and see if there is a fabric that we can agree on.
- There won't be so I'll just buy solid green and a little of the print.
- Make curtains out of solid green with print accents and maybe buttons because everyone likes buttons.
- Bask in the glory of my awesome curtains.
- Repeat process for kitchen, dining room, and bedroom.
I'll post pics when I get them done. Wish me luck!



2 comments:
im looking for fabric to reupholster my chair with, know any good sites?
that tv stand is nice. im jalous. we still are using a storage bin for our tv stand.
Ha, thanks! I'd try Ebay for fabric. I changed my mind about what fabric I want to make curtains out of and found the fabric I decided to use on Ebay. I don't know what fabric runs there but here, it's ridiculous (as is pretty much everything) so even if I have to pay shipping, it's not much more than I'd pay in a store here. It also saves me from driving on the slippery roads!
Post a Comment