Thursday, January 15, 2009

Daddy, what 's another fact about Alaska?

The other day, my aunt called me at work because my cousin is learning about Alaska and Antarctica in kindergarten. Part of her homework was to find out what the weather was in Alaska (and I'm the awesome cousin that lives in Alaska.) I told her that it was 24 degrees and snowing like crazy.

Me: What else are you learning about Alaska?
Her: That it's 24 degrees.
Me: Silly, I just told you that!
Her: No, we read it on the computer.
Me: Oh. Well, what else are you learning?
Her: That if you walk outside in Antarctica, your nose and fingers will freeze and get frostbite and you'll have to cut them off.
Me: Oh, that doesn't sound like fun.
Her: No way.
Me: What are you learing about Alaska?
Her: ...Daddy, what's another fact about Alaska?
*Long silence. And by long, I mean a minute*
My aunt: Marlana! Would you talk to Megan? This is long distance!

Moral of the story: Don't walk outside in Antarctica.

1 comment:

Maggie Sue Designs said...

cute!
My daughter's 1st grade class is learning about Alaska too. I asked her what they had learned so far and all she came up with is that it is cold there.
But hey, it is 14F here today in the Northern Virginia suburbs of DC! No snow :(

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online