When we first moved here, we couldn't find the big things of salt & pepper that you pour into your own shakers so we just bought McCormick grinders. Those are almost gone so when we went to the commissary today, I made sure to find salt.
Kyle actually found it. When he handed me the box, I noticed it said "Coarse Kosher Salt." I didn't really think we needed coarse but he picked it out so I went with it. When we got home and put everything away, I went to put the salt in the shaker. I poured some in my hand just to see what it looked like and it was, in fact, coarse.
M: Kyle, come here.
K: What?
M: Look at this salt.
K: Yeah. What's wrong with it?
M: It's huge. I don't even know that it's gonna work in the shaker.
K: Yeah, it's Kosher. I thought you knew what Kosher meant.
M: I do know what Kosher means. It means that it's safe for people who eat Kosher food and for Jewish people to eat during Passover.
K: No it doesn't. It means that it's big.
M: No. It says Coarse Kosher Salt. Coarse means that it's big. See down here where it says "Safe for Passover?" It basically says "Coarse Kosher safe for Passover Salt."
He had nothing to say to that because BOOYAH! I just taught my totally kitchen-savvy husband something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
heh heh heh. men.
After one of my own episodes like that I said, "Honey, I married you for your looks not your brains."
Poor thing responded, "You sure got ripped off on both counts then!"
(Totally not true, by the way.)
i just found your blog and thought this post was hilarious. you are a very funny writer. voacb lesson indeed! thanks for making me laugh pamela www.frenchknots.blogspot.com
Post a Comment