Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It's not even a couch

We currently have loaner furniture. The Air Force loans whatever you need to you for 90 days and after that, if you still need it, you can keep it until you move bases.

All of our furniture (with the exception of my sewing table) is loaner. I look on Craigslist almost every day for anything we can use. After seeing an iridescent blue couch, several hideous plaid couches, and one with FISHERMEN on it, I found a decent couch. Actually, it was pretty. And it was on base. So we went to see it and now I'm sitting on it. We have a real couch! The loaner couch is so tiny. I can sit on it and my feet touch the ground. (I'm short. I don't think I've ever been able to sit on a couch and have my feet touch the ground.) It almost looks like one of those kid couches that you'd put in their playroom or play house. And it's a horiffic blue color.

With a real couch down, and a bedroom suite to go, I went to Bailey's Furniture's website and found one we love for only $900. That's a bed, dresser, mirror, chest of drawers (not a chester drawers like I've though for, oh, MY ENTIRE LIFE), and a nightstand. For $900. So eventually we'll go look at it and maybe buy it.

But we still need a mattress. The loaner mattress we have now is awful. Seriously awful. When there are no sheets on it, you can see the springs. Naturally, we decided we had to get a really good mattress.

M: What kind of mattress do you want?
K: I told you, a Tempurpedic.
M: No, those are too expensive.
K: No they're not. Plus they're Swedish.
M: *looking up prices* SEVENTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS?!
K: Yea but...Megan, it's a really good mattress and it's from Sweden.
M: No.
K: Yes.
M: NO.
K: Pshttt. Whatever.
...
K: Can we get a waterbed?
M: NO.

We're still undecided on what kind of mattress we'll get but I can assure you that it will not be a Tempurpedic or a waterbed. Can you see why he's not allowed to pick out things for the house?

3 comments:

oh, hello friend. said...

lol, this is so funny...i love it! waterbed? haha, i think i wanted one of those in like, the 3rd grade ;)

i hope you find a good quality one and get some good sleep in 2009! love the blogs friend.

becca.elpy said...

chester drawers! ha, i thought the same thing for a time. lol.

i love when you put in the convos between you and kyle. they're adorable.

yay for real furniture!

jessicajane said...

we just bought a bed two days ago. it is supposed to be here in less than 2 hours!! so excited. we have been sleeping on our futon since last year. wait, no..i lied. we slept on an air matress for 4 or 5 months, then got the futon. on craiglist.

i also look on craigslist every day. we have furniture..its just in ohio. I dont think our couch would even fit in the livingroom we are in now..its an L shape sectional and this house is small.

we spent quite a bit on the bed, but ill let you know if it was worth it, haha. Its a simmons?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online