Friday, December 19, 2008

What are these for?

When I went to work the other day, there was a big bag from David Green Furs in front of one of the windows. I was slightly creeped out but I just moved the bag out of the way and didn't think about it.

Tuesday night, everyone from work went to Chilis as our Christmas party. Heidi and Ed (the owners) paid for dinner and gave us each a card with some cash. (I wasn't even expecting the cash, it was just a nice surprise.)

When I went in on Wednesday, the bag of furs was still there. Heidi asked if I had taken one and I told her that I hadn't. She said, "Well, there's one in there for everyone so you can take one." I said ok and thank you.

When she left, I carefully took one out of the bag. They were rabbit/raccoon fur scarves. See, fur really creeps me out. I took one because I didn't want to seem ungrateful because it was super nice of them, especially after dinner and the cash.

I put the scarf it in a bag and brought it home. I threw the bag into Kyle's lap and he said, "What is this?" I told him to just look. He did. He laughed. I asked what on earth I should do with it because I'm never going to wear it. Neither one of us had an answer so the scarf is hanging out in the bag in my closet.

1 comment:

jessicajane said...

hahahaha youre hilarious. i would have been creeped out too...the thought was really nice, but who gives out fur scarves for christmas? alaskans? were they real furs or fake?

i remember when i was little i was on fam vacation in tennessee. I bought a coyote fur and rabbit fur as souvenirs (cause i liked the animals) but now that i think about it...im really sad...i supported the fur industry by buying them. I'll just pretend they were fake..

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online