Yesterday we got a huge box of Christmas presents from Kyle's parents. I took them out and put them all under the tree...they got us more than we got each other!
After I did all that, we ate dinner and watched Family Guy. Kyle kept saying that he wanted to open a present but I said we really shouldn't. His mom gave me strict orders NOT to let him open anything before Christmas.
Well, after a while, I really wanted to open a present. So I told him to just see what was in his stocking and I'll see what she sent for mine. So we did. And we sat back on the couch and watched more Family Guy. A few more minutes passed and he still wanted to open a present. So did I.
M: No, I already feel like a cheater because we opened what was in our stocking.
K: Pshhhttt, it's ok. Let's just open one each night until Christmas. Like Hanukkah.
M: Ok, that's a good idea.
So he sat by the Christmas tree shaking presents and guessing what was in each one. They all looked like clothes so he just opened the biggest clothes box. It was an American Eagle box and he doesn't shop there so he was a little nervous. I said, "Kyle, look at the box. It says "American Eagle - 2006." I get a present in a box like that every year from your mom. Every year." We almost died in a fit of laughter.
So he opened it and it was a jacket and I opened a present from his little cousin (they drew names) and got a cute new pair of slippers. I keep wondering why I'm never so anxious to open gifts before Christmas and then I realized that it's because I don't have my mom hiding them or watching to make sure no one opens them. One more thing I like about adulthood.
I guess I'll have to wait until tonight to open another present...it's probably more like, "guess I'll have to wait until 2.5 seconds after Kyle gets home from work to open another present."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You guys! Stop it!
By the way, my security word that I have to enter to leave this comment, is "claggem"...
hahaha. Oh my gosh. Seirously. Its so weird how you guys do the same thnngs we do. Tim is so bad. He kept wanting me to open up his gifts that he got me, and I kept saying no. He wouldn't stop. So I told him, that he could open a gift from my grandparents, and Id open one. So we opened them. Then he made me open another one...so he opened another one. I told him to quit giving me presents to open, that it wasnt Christmas yet. And then I said, well, why dont we open one a night til Christmas? And he goes, Like Hannakuh? Haha. So, I ended up getting all of my presents Monday and Tuesday night. Tim ruined Christmas. LOL.
oh, and my security word was besse.
Post a Comment