Saturday, December 20, 2008

What is so important that you have to call me while you're in the shower?

Kyle got in the shower earlier and called me in there. I thought maybe the cat was in the bathtub because sometimes Jude does that. (Ok, so he doesn't actually get in the tub, he just sticks his head in there.)

K: Will you get my phone and call Sep and ask for his wife? I don't remember her name.
M: Ehhhh...can't you call when you get out?
K: No. She wanted to talk to you.
M: Why? Why can't you see what we need to bring on Christmas? You're cooking anyway.
K: No, it's not about Christmas. Her and Garrett's wife were gonna do something sometime and they wanted you to come.
M: I don't want to go, though.
K: Why not?
M: Do I have to call her? Why would she want me to go?
K: She likes you? She thinks you're cool?
M: Yea. ok.

I just have a hard time believing that someone would want to hang out with me if they didn't have to. I have a harder time believing that someone thinks I'm cool.

I didn't call her and I don't have plans to. She's going to think that A) I'm a snob or B) I don't like them...neither is true. I don't know if anyone has ever thought those things about me...I'm sure they have, though. I just don't really like hanging out with people, I feel like I have to try really hard and it's exhausting. No one really seems to get that.

2 comments:

jessicajane said...

haha, same exact thing has happened to me! Except he told me to call this random person's wife that Ive never even met. i told him that would be really awkward...to just call someone up that I dont even know. It never happened. AND I have been here over a year and have yet to meet one military wife, is that sad or what? I am a hermit.

Tia Colleen said...

I think you're cool :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online