Saturday, May 2, 2009

Dang the time setting

The date on this is going to be May 3rd but it's really May 2nd. I need to figure out how to change the time zone. Dang you, time zones, I think you are stupid. You too, daylight savings time. I'd totally move to Arizona and put up with the scorpions and snakes if it meant not having to deal with daylight savings time. Also, I bet I could get some good Mexican food.

That's not the point of this post, though. The point of this post is to tell you what an awesome day today was.

Kyle went golfing in Wasilla with some guys from work and I did some shopping. I got some coffee from work and then hit up Value Village and the Salvation Army. Five picture frames, some scrapbook paper, a deck of oversized Little Golden Book 'Go Fish' cards, and three brand new pillow forms (perfect for the things coming to Olive & Jude!) for just over $30. Freakin sweet. I was totally excited because I never, ever find things at thrift stores and then I got all this in one day.

I then went to Michael's and JoAnn to get a few more frames, got some Honey Nut Cheerios and printed some pics at Target, and then came home.

And the weather. Oh my gosh. It was one of the most gorgeous days I've ever witnessed. It hung around in the mid-60s with enough sunshine to make this Florida girl happy. I never thought I'd say it, but I totally understand how and why people come up here and wind up staying. The winter was almost worth it for days like this.

I also went to a shop downtown called Sandy's Fab Finds, a vintage shop. Expensive? Yes. The owner was super nice, though and the shop was so cool. I found a reddish-brown clutch and was on the fence about it. I opened it to see the price tag, how old it was, etc. and noticed that the tag said "MADE IN ITALY MEGAN" and my jaw dropped. If that wasn't a sign, I don't know what is. Then I saw the price tag: $69.99. Um...no. It turned out not to be a sign, after all.

I had the urge to go thrifting and garage saling today (turns out that most garage sales on base are all baby things, dangit) because of this dress...



I bought it the other day from Nod 2 Mod Vintage. I cannot wait to get it. I don't think I've ever been this excited about a dress...including my wedding dress. I can't wait to wear it this summer! We're going to be traveling around the state a lot with Kyle's family and I know this little dress will see my suitcase a lot. I just hope that it's not too big...

2 comments:

Andhari said...

Shopping in a beautiful day like that sounds greattt. Maybe I should go too today :)

becca.elpy said...

that dress is gorgeous! i think it will look great on you!

also to change the time settings (don't know if you've gotten it straightened out) go to the 'Settings' tab, under that click 'Formatting' scroll till you see 'time zone'

:)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online