Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tales from the coffee shop

I told you about the guy with the hangnail...but there's more. Most of the crazies come in the afternoon and since I work mornings now, I rarely get a crazy person. The morning people are awesome and nice and tip well.

But I worked afternoons for six months. I have stories.

Like the guy (that I presume is homeless.) He wears the same exact thing every day and his pants are unzipped, exposing himself. I have good peripheral vision...which is obviously a bad thing sometimes. He's nice though, he always tips me and wishes me a good day.

Then there's the lady that had a few pieces of trash paper in her hands. Then spit her gum in one of the pieces of paper. Then asked me to throw it away and said, "Don't worry, it's just paper!" Lady, I JUST saw you spit your gum in there! Don't lie!

How about the guy that asked me if I was Irish or Scottish? I told him that my maiden name was Scottish and asked how he knew. He said, "Well, you're petite, small-boned, fair-skin, blue eyes. If I were younger, I'd ask you out. But I see that you have a wedding band so probably not." Yea, thanks. Hitting on me and then acknowledging my wedding band makes it ok.

Also, all the people that ask for chocolate smoothies. Wouldn't that be a milkshake? Yes? We don't make milkshakes. (On the same token, have you ever heard of or seen a cherry smoothie? No? Didn't think so.)

There's a guy that is known as "the perv" or, as I call him, "the creepy old man." Why do we call him these names? Because he's a perv and a creepy old man. He hits on everyone (calls me "Miss Petite"...ugggggh.) Apparently he used to bring the girls gifts and ask them out on dates. When they'd tell him they have a boyfriend, he'd say, "Oh, but he doesn't have to know." He always tries to make small talk with me and I'm always sure to mention my husband. My Air Force husband who is in charge of a $30 million fighter jet, not a cargo plane.

I love my job. I really do. What other job could I actually have fun doing and have all kinds of stories?

2 comments:

Andhari said...

You should mention to him that he's "big, temperamental and possesive" too. See how the perv reacts. Lol. Heard it always works. I can never be nice to pervs.

jessicajane said...

sometimes getting hit on is nice...haha. but by creeps..no thanks. i will either give them the finger if they stare too long, or i have even went as far as rolling my window down and asking them if they had a staring problem. or the occasional 'fuck off' works too. as you can tell, im irish.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online