On one of my favorite blogs, she talked about her experiences with Comcast. Read them here. There are a few others, which you can look for in her blog. I'd link you but IE keeps x-ing itself out, making me want to stab my screen until it bleeds.
Anyway, after reading her posts, I made a mental note to never ever do business with Comcast. When we moved up here, I was really afraid we'd have to use Comcast. We didn't though, We have GCI.
We got everything hooked up, no problem. Then our router (from GCI) didn't work so we had to take it back and get another. Then our internet started cutting our for hours, sometimes the entire day, at a time.
A few weeks ago, I overheard Kyle telling someone that we use GCI and it's really Comcast.
Freakin sweet.
So this past week, our DVR stopped working. It wouldn't record anything (like SNL with Seth Rogen hosting. And apparently it was the best episode of SNL in years. Thanks, GCI, for making me miss that because Lord knows I can't stay up until 11:00 anymore.) The DVR wouldn't rewind, pause, anything. Kyle had to unplug and plug the cable box back in and then wait for it to work.
I know, I totally sound like a whiney brat. "Oh no, the DVR doesn't work!" But we pay nearly $200 a month for cable/phone/internet and the phone is the only thing that consistently works. (Actually, now that I think about it. That doesn't even work all the time. Sometimes when you're on the phone, it will cut off for a few minutes and then come back. WTH?!)
And believe it or not, the nearly $200 is with some sort of military discount.
So thanks, GCI. Not only can you not add the $5 sports package to our bill, youhave to send us a special bill for $5, but your service sucks. When it was just the internet (I keep typing internest ??) cutting out, Kyle said it was us. But we know how to use a TV and phone so...it's not me, it's you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment