Kyle tolerates them for me. He's never actually seen Hairspray or Little Shop of Horrors but he has watched Across the Universe with me a time or two. Every time we watch it, we have the same conversation...
K: It's a good movie. It is. I just don't get musicals. I mean, why would they be singing right now? His girlfriend just left him and he's drunk.
M: I don't know, honey. They just do.
I didn't really expect him to like it (to be honest, I didn't even expect him to sit through the whole thing with me.) He's not really a Beatles fan (another thing he tolerates for me) and again, he doesn't like musicals.
Anyway.
I'm watching Hairspray tonight and just having some thoughts about musicals and all.
Some of those thoughts...
- The clothes of the '60s were really flattering. Why aren't we still wearing pretty dresses like that? Why is it acceptable to go grocery shopping in your pajamas? I don't want to go back to when girls couldn't wear pants but seriously...
- Zac Efron says he doesn't really want to do any more musicals and wants to be taken more seriously as an actor. I can totally respect that BUT if he doesn't want to do more musicals, he shouldn't be so good at singing and dancing and he shouldn't be so damn cute. (Longest. sentence. ever.)
- John Travolta is not believable as a woman at all. I can totally respect the dancing and all he did in heels and dresses but really? I'm supposed to believe that's a woman?
This post is going nowhere fast so I'm going to wrap it up! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

1 comment:
I may mock but I still enjoy seeing musicals. It's like watching a western version of Bollywood movies, only less extreme.
Wait, will I get axed for saying so?
x
Post a Comment