Work Outs
- Sunday - 25min. on the treadmill, ran 1/4 mile. My throat was hurting and I started getting lightheaded. I probably should have skipped the gym that day.
- Monday - Rest.
- Tuesday - 25min. yoga and a walk outside. I also hooped.
- Wednesday - Rest.
- Thursday - 25min. yoga.
- Friday - 25min. yoga.
- Satuday - 45min. yoga.
I did a crapload of yoga this week and I loved it. I had never done yoga until a few weeks ago because I didn't think it was much of a workout and I didn't think I'd have the patience for it (I get bored and distracted easily.) I'd like to go ahead and say that it is a heck of a workout. I don't remember the last time my legs were sore like they were this week...probably in high school when I was cheering.
As far as my food choices go, I haven't been doing so well. It's hard for me to eat healthier for a few reasons...
- Kyle does not eat anything healthy. At all. If it's green, he doesn't eat it. If it's fruit, he doesn't eat it.
- I can't fnd the same brands up here that we had at home. Pita bread? At home, I tore up some pita bread. Now there's some 2 month old pita bread in the fridge because I don't like it as much as the brand we got at home. Same with chicken (I'm very picky about chicken.)
- Food is ridiculously expensive up here. I can't pay $15 for a half-flat of strawberries or $2.25/lb. for grapes, especially since I'm the only one that eats them and there's a good chance half of them would go bad.
So there you have it. I started this week off right by having a cinnamon roll for breakfast. ;)

2 comments:
awww cinnamon rolls once in a while wont hurt.
Btw I cant seem to find a good brand of pita bread I actually like. Some of them taste like papers.
Wow, you are doing so well! I'm definitely a fan of yoga. I took classes at our local gym and pretty much loved it, but recently cancelled our membership because we just weren't using it...and I couldn't rationalize keeping it just for the yoga, you know?
Making healthy food choices is a tough thing - especially when there are two people involved. I must tell you, though, that making the small changes truly add up. When I look at how Jay and I ate when we were first married, as opposed to how we do now, I am ashamed. We seriously always had ice cream and frozen pizzas in the freezer, no fresh fruit or veggies, a bunch of junky snacks, and absolutely no whole wheat in our diet.
It's been a slow process, but we're learning to like healthier things. And, for the record, we still love frozen pizzas every now and then. :)
Best of luck, my dear! You are amazing!
Post a Comment