Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Scrub-a-dub

Almost all of my bath and body products are handmade. The major exception would be my lotion. I have no less than 7 bottles of store-bought lotion right now. Not because they don't work so I keep buying more, but because if I find it really cheap, I buy it (like the huuuuge bottle from VS that I got for $4.) Also, people give it to me. I also like to smell things so when I find one that I really like the smell of, I buy it (like the strawberry banana one from Bath and Body Works.)

Now that I've plugged those retail giants, let me plug a few indie bath and body sellers...

Number one up there is Rose Water Cleanser from Unico's Cauldron. This stuff is awesome. It cleans my face and not only does it not dry out my skin, it actually moisturizes it. Fantastic. And, it barely has a smell. Super fantastic.
Numbers two and three are from GudonyaToo. The first is their baby legs shave soap. People, I have not used shaving cream in years. Years, I tell you. I love this stuff and these bars last so much longer than a can of shaving cream. I can use one of these bars anywhere from 3-6 months. The second is their whipped clean body wash. I've only tried the "strawberry fields" scent (and actually, I'm about to order another jar right now!) but it smells so good. Just like a fresh strawberry. I keep telling Kyle I'm just going to eat it one day.
The last is lip balm from Ella Dean. I'm sure I've sung her praises before but I'm going to do it again because she is that awesome. This particular flavor is peanut butter and banana sandwich. Yes, I have tried it and yes, it rocks. Smells just like the real thing and leaves your lips soft and slightly glossy. Perfection!

2 comments:

Andhari said...

Oooh the indie ones are great, I always wanna get myself one or two, but I dont know which ones are actually good.

ps. I love strawberry banana lotion from bath and body works :)

Paige said...

Ooh, great recommendations! I just started trying out some of the bath and body products from Etsy, and I swear I'm addicted now.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online