Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Those are some, uh, interesting characters you get at work.

I do get some interesting characters at work. Like the lady who was too drunk to stand upright and her husband who bought her coffee last week.

Yesterday took the cake, though. I opened the window to see an older man, possibly a native, in a truck. He asked if I had any nail clippers and I said no. I took his drink order and made it. I went to give him his drink and he held his hand out to show me a nasty hangnail. He then asked me to pull it off for him. I said no. I thought he was kidding but he was dead serious. He asked me again and I said no again. (GR-OSS, man!) He then asked if we had any pliers and I told him we didn't. He muttered, "yeah, whatever."

Did we have pliers? I think so. Do I know where they are? No. Was I going to search for them when I've got cars waiting on either side? No. Was I going to pull his hangnail? HECK NO.

So gross.

2 comments:

Andhari said...

I would be way more than freaking out if I were you. Scary!

becca.elpy said...

wow!
customers sometimes would say/do things that i totally didn't need to see/know. in the moment you can't help but be shocked. heh.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online