So last week I started saying "boss" as in, "That's so boss" or "That would be totally boss." I didn't really say it out loud though, I mostly just thought it in my head (or said it to myself when I was absolutley sure no one else was around.)
The other day when I was catching up on the Office, I was watching the episode that came on after the Superbowl. In that episode, Michael starts talking about how people used to say "boss" when they meant something was cool (like shoulder pads and perms) but now it's just slang for "the jerk in charge."
Then I was reminded of the episode where Dwight is talking about the best advice Michael has ever given him: “Whenever I’m about to do something, I think, ‘Would an idiot do that?’ And if they would, I do not do that thing.”
And then I started thinking about how Michael was wishing "boss" would come back and how I was saying boss to mean "cool." Then I started thinking about when he goes to speak at Ryan's business school and throws out that "May your hats fly as hgh as your dreams" line and Ryan tells him that no one is graduating and insinuates that that's a stupid line...I thought that was a good line. I thought that was way clever and cool.
So now when I'm thinking something questionable...I think, "Would Michael Scott approve of this?" If he would, I run over that thought with a tanker truck.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
love. this. post. :)
Post a Comment