Yesterday Kyle had some guys over to watch the Super Bowl. It came on at 2PM here. Pre-game show? Like, 9AM.
So anyway, I had met one of the guys the night before and I know Michael. He almost lives here. The other guys I met that night, including an infamous guy. We're gonna call him Merv.
They had told me that Merv was a little weird but to just put up with him because they have to put up with him all day. I'm pretty easy to get along with (as is Kyle) so I didn't really think anything of it.
Until I started talking about how excited I was for the Office after the Super Bowl (more on that later.) He replied, "I hate Steve Carrell."
Jaws hit the ground because really, who hates Steve Carrell?
Then he says, "And Will Ferrell, too. I hate him. He's so annoying."
I said, "If you don't like Will Ferrell, get out of my house." Seriously, I said it. One of the other guys said, "Will Ferrell is a god. If he asked me to have his baby, I would."
So after the game, we're just watching TV (but not the Office because the freakin DVR DIDN'T RECORD IT AND IT TOOK THEM SIX HOURS TO WATCH THE SUPERBOWL *breathes* ok, I'm fine now.) A commercial for The Rocker came on and Merv says, "I hate that guy too, that guy that plays Dwight on the Office."
SERIOUSLY?! No. Seriously? How do you hate Dwight? I mean, even Angela likes him.
Flipping through the channels, I saw that Semi-Pro was on and I prayed that we got that movie channel so that he'd have to watch a Will Ferrell movie.
We didn't. Dangit.
So we're watching Back to the Future and Jude finally came downstairs. Merv says, "I hate cats. I hate them with a passion."
ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME? It's a cat. A cat. A little baby, grey cat who wouldn't hurt you even if you said you hated him. Go see the wizard because you need a heart.
Oh and know what else? I drank more than him. Me. I drank more than him and he was acting like he was drunk or something. Dude, I'm like, 97lbs. and I had 2 pina coladas (my new favorite thing) and I was fine. You had one shot and like, a quarter of a pina colada. You were not drunk.
Moral of the story: don't be that guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
i wanna kick a lot of people for hating things I like and say it bluntly in front of me too..Really.
bahahahaah.
"SERIOUSLY?! No. Seriously? How do you hate Dwight? I mean, even Angela likes him." ...
Christopher announced the other night that he has a man crush on him.
This made me lol.
wow! yeah, he's something of a downer.
for the record i think steve carrell is hilarious. not as big a fan of will ferrell but i don't hate him. hate takes too much energy.
i <3 steve carell.......but...i hate will farrel. sorry. hha.
and anyone out there who hates cats is evil. plain evil.
Post a Comment