Most of my customers know exactly what they want when they come get their coffee. Lately, I've had a few people who have no idea what they're ordering. How do I know? Well, they order a cappuccino. I ask them how they'd like it and they mumble and studder and say, "Um, maybe you can just do it?" or they say, "Regular. No sugar, thanks." No, I'm not going to decide how to make your coffee. I'm also not going to put sugar in your cappuccino on my own free will. To help clear up these fancy coffee drinks, here's a little rundown...
Mocha - chocolate (white or dark), steamed milk, and espresso.
Latte - steamed milk and espresso.
Cappuccino - Foam, steamed milk, and espress. These come three ways: dry (1/4 milk, 3/4 foam), classic (1/2 milk, 1/2 foam), and wet (3/4 milk, 1/4 foam.) See why I can't choose for you?
Breve - Steamed half and half and espresso.
Americano - Hot water and espresso.
Frappuccino (Mocha Freeze) - Chocolate powder (white or dark), milk, espresso, and ice all blended together.
Those are the drinks that we make the most. It can be confusing but if you know what you're ordering, it will keep your barista from poking her eyes out with the bread cutting knife.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
ahahahaha yeahhhh, speak the lingo, people!!:P Btw I crave serious iced hazelnut latte.
tim used to work at a coffee shop, as did i. i think when people think cappuccino, they think the gas station type. little do they know...
Post a Comment