I went to Target on Friday to get an ironing board. I ended up not buying one but that is a different story.
I couldn't find them so I asked a lady who was working in the hanger section. She couldn't find them either so she called someone on the walkie talkie. Turns out, ironing boards are now in the aisle right next to office supplies. Totally logical. As we're walking to that aisle, another Target employee comes walking up the aisle in a hurried fashion. She is carrying two digital cameras and a red Snuggie.
"Cynthia, did I get a picture of you in the Snuggie?"
"Um...n- yea. I think so."
"Oh, no I didn't. Here, put it on and let me take your picture."
"Ohhhh," Cynthia said, sighing.
So poor Cynthia put the Snuggie on right there in the bedding and hanger department of Target. One time at Macy's, I had a manager override my decision to not give these cranky ladies a price adjustment even though they were two days late. That was embarrassing but not as embarrassing at Cynthia's Snuggie situation.*
*Booyah, alliteration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awww, that DOES sound embarrassing!
For me, I was told a certain way of doing things by my managers and supervisors. They made sure I understood, wouldn't bend the rules, etc.
Then I'd have said rule questioned by a customer, I'd try to reason without them that it couldn't be changed, etc. They'd ask for a manager. The manager would come and... They'd let them do whatever the rule said they most certainly could not do!
Well, that and when I told a customer something was very sturdy, went to bag it and it touched the side of my register and smashed to pieces! But she just couldn't stop laughing, so it wasn't -that- bad... But I was still really embarrassed!
Post a Comment