
This week's pick is the 1987 Woody Allen film, Radio Days. It was written and directed by Allen and stars Mia Farrow, Julie Kavner, Michael Tucker, and a very young Seth Green playing Joe (Woody Allen as a young boy.)
It tells the story of Allen's childhood, growing up in WWII-era Rockaway Beach, New York, a childhood that was highly influenced by the radio.
He lives with his parents and several other members of his extended family. The radio is always on in their house and everyone has their favorite program. (The Masked Avenger being Joe's.) We see what's behind the radio, as well, looking into the private lives and scandals of some of the stars.
It tells the story of Allen's childhood, growing up in WWII-era Rockaway Beach, New York, a childhood that was highly influenced by the radio.
He lives with his parents and several other members of his extended family. The radio is always on in their house and everyone has their favorite program. (The Masked Avenger being Joe's.) We see what's behind the radio, as well, looking into the private lives and scandals of some of the stars.
"The scene is Rockaway. The time is my childhood. It's my old neighborhood, and forgive me if I tend to romanticize the past. I mean, it wasn't always as stormy and rain swept as this. But I remember it that way because that was it at its most beautiful." -Woody Allen

A young Seth Green playing Joe. (Yes, Robot Chicken Seth Green.)



The movie is a little slow and, to be honest, it took me three tries to get through it. (I don't recommend putting it on if you're tired. I kept falling asleep.) I think if I hadn't put it on with full intentions of taking a nap, I could have gotten through it on the first try, no problem. I'd watch it again given the chance and I'm recommending it to you so it can't be bad, right?*
*Eventually I will come across a movie so horrible I will write about it, though.

1 comment:
Hello! My name is Angela. I saw a post you made on 20sb and decided to check out your blog. I read the whole thing and I truly hope that doesn't creep you out, it's just what I do when I find a blog I like!
Anyway, your blog is really awesome! I rarely find a blog that has a lot of stuff I can agree with, but you have tons. ^_^
Anyway, like I said, I'm Angela. I'm 20, happily married to my wife Jennifer (who I've been with since I was 13/14.) I'm a gamer, a geek, an artist, a shopaholic. A lot of things. ^_^ Hopefully will talk to you more in the future!
Post a Comment