My mom loves pancakes and made them at least once a week growing up so I think they're sort of a comfort food for me. I have to be in the mood for them, though. They're not like my other comfort food (potato anything) where I can eat it at any time. Here is the recipe I used, a fantastic one, for homemade pancakes...
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup flour (I used half all-purpose and half whole wheat)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Looks like a big cookie, right?
I ate them (only two!) just like this.
I don't like a lot of syrup on my waffles or pancakes because it gets entirely too sweet for me. Sometimes, like tonight, I skip syrup and other toppings (butter or peanut butter) altogether. It just didn't need it.
Yes, I cook a decent amount. I like to cook. I like to cook from scratch. I'm really not known as that great a cook. I'm a good baker, though. My husband is willing to try baked goods I've experimented with but my actual cooking? Not so much.
Yes, I cook a decent amount. I like to cook. I like to cook from scratch. I'm really not known as that great a cook. I'm a good baker, though. My husband is willing to try baked goods I've experimented with but my actual cooking? Not so much.

5 comments:
Ooo, those look good!
I plan on learning to cook (and bake) this year. Of course, I said that last year. And the year before...
that recipe looks almost exactly like the one i use...except i use more flour and milk and add a tbsp of sugar. peanut butter + sliced bananas on top = the best.
Holy goodness! Those look divine. Also, you are totally inspiring me to bake more...I've been trying to work on cooking more, but it's weird because I'm so OCD about things and recipes give me hives.
I think I need to relax.
In any case, now I'm craving some pancakes!
Mmm yum!
Aww, you use a banana tree!
Post a Comment