Tuesday, January 5, 2010

FAQ Say what?

We always get questions about living in Alaska and I knew that going home for the first time, the questions would be endless. And they were. Most people want to know about the daylight & darkness or how we stand the cold.

One night, while hanging out with some of the husband's friends, I got a question I never saw coming. He was explaining the daylight & darkness situation to someone (for the 2387th time that day) when another friend chimed in with, "Do you have to wear night vision goggles because of the darkness?"

Pause. Silence.

I reply with, "No. It's not that dark." Someone else replies with, "Do you wear night vision goggles when it gets dark here? No? That's what I thought."

Right. That hadn't even crossed my mind that it gets dark everywhere. So...point third guy? Night vision goggle fanatic and I certainly don't deserve points.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online