I said those words to Kyle in the commissary yesterday. He didn't believe me but I explained to him about how I read on Tia's blog that she made cookies for her husband so he'd have something to eat in his class and how I thought it was really sweet and I wanted to make him some because it's been really cold lately and he's been working 12hr. shifts because they're night flying this week and he works nights. (Honestly, I didn't know where to end that sentence so I just ran with it.)
I grabbed some chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and immediately after we unloaded the groceries, I found a cookie recipe online and began baking. I like this recipe because they're a little puffy and really soft, unlike most cookies. I'm not a big fan of cookies just because they have tendency to get crispy. That's not a problem with these!
I grabbed some chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and immediately after we unloaded the groceries, I found a cookie recipe online and began baking. I like this recipe because they're a little puffy and really soft, unlike most cookies. I'm not a big fan of cookies just because they have tendency to get crispy. That's not a problem with these!
The recipe is based on the classic Ghirardelli recipe, I just omitted a little sugar and butter. They turned out pretty tasty!
- 2 1/4 cups unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 11oz. bag Ghirardelli chocolate chips (I used Hershey's. I didn't put all 11oz. and they have plenty of chips.)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional. I chose not to add them.)

1 comment:
So cute!!
Doesn't it make you feel so cozy though, to bake your husband cookies? Or brownies? I like to do it when hes working long hours, or has something particularly stressful going on. I know that cookies won't cure it, but its hard to be completely unhappy with something freshly baked warming your belly.
So cute that you made him some.
Post a Comment