Sunday, July 1, 2007

Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

I'll spare you details of my Saturday night. It was utterly craptastic. I went to O-town with the b/f and his family and while we were walking around Old Town, some jerk spilled Coke all over the back of my legs and feet....that should give you an idea as to how miserable my night was.

So yea.

Kyle and his family have a kid from Denmark staying with them for a week. His name is Simon but Kyle refers to him as "Denmark kid" or "my Denmark brother". Simon's whole soccer team is over here for soccer camp. Boys in Denmark wear their pants rolled up a la Dexy's Midnight Runners...minus the overalls and plus the length of Bermuda shorts. It's an interesting look. People have warned them that they should not wear their pants like that over here because it makes them look girly. They didn't listen. So anyway, while we were on our way to Orlando yesterday, this conversation took place...

K = Kelly, Kyle's mom
A= Andy, Kyle's dad
S= Simon, Denmark kid (He doesn't speak much English so the "uh" and "um" are him thinking, not being a smart aleck.)

K: So Simon, do you listen to music?
S: Uh. Yes.
K: What bands do you listen to? Any American?
S: Um, Fifty Cent?
*insert quiet laughter*
A: Ah! Fiddy!
*insert hysterical laughter*
K: Now what is that? Hard rock?
*insert even more hysterical laughter*
A: You don't know who Fift- FIDDY is?
K: No.
A: It's rap. Man, you need to watch more MTV.

That poor kid. We probably scared the living crap out of him. No one else that was in the car listens to rap so we thought it was funny. Mrs. Kelly told Andy to find some rap on the radio. He started scrolling through the stations.

He stopped on "The Sweet Escape" by Gwen Stefani.

I guess he thought it was similar to Fiddy.

So I start laughing. And Kyle's brother David starts laughing. And Kyle starts laughing. His parents asked what we were laughing at and Kyle said that he was only laughing because everyone else was. I was laughing because that song makes me laugh. I guess David was laughing for the same reason, I have no idea.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online