Sunday, July 22, 2007

A dream is (not) a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep.

Apparently Cinderella and I have very different dreams.

I have always had really vivid, crazy, life-like dreams. Sometimes they're just weird and entertaining and sometimes they're downright scary. Sometimes they're only scary to me, like the one about someone hijacking my Etsy shop.

Last night I had a dream that I came home and our house had been broken into. It was familiar because the same exact thing happened when I was in the 6th grade. I came home to find the window in our door busted and the kitchen lights on. In my dream (and in real life), I ran to the neighbor's house in a panic. My neighbor was outside and she was fighting her sister. I was like, "TAAAAASHA! Do you remember when my house was broken into in middle school?! IT HAPPENED AGAIN!" And she kept arguing with her sister and not paying attention to me. I don't remember what happened after that. I just remember that I was really scared and didn't want to go in my house for fear that the robbers might still be in there.

My other dream from last night was pretty cool. I dreamt I went to the premiere of the new movie Hairspray. There were a lot of people I knew and a lot of celebs. I met Zac Efron and America Ferrera. Everyone kept calling her "Ugly Betty" and I felt bad for her. Then when the movie actually started, this really big girl (Maybe it was John Travolta in drag?) came and sat in front of me and I couldn't see.

To paraphrase Eric Matthews: when you hit a certain age, you're afraid to go to sleep at night.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online