{Olive watches me edit photos}When I took this dive into photography, I knew that I'd have to spend a lot of time on the computer. With my Dell (literally) falling apart, I set my sights on a Mac. Kyle is so anti-Mac it's not funny, but he set his objections aside because he knew that for what I was going to be doing, a Mac was probably best. I finally got my Macbook Pro on Saturday. It was love at first sight. (Love with the computer, not the price tag.)
Since then, I've spent almost every free moment on my new computer: editing photos, figuring out how to burn CDs, loading all of my stuff, building a website in iWeb, and just learning how to use a Mac. The last time I used one? Eighth grade. I was on the school news team and somehow got put in charge of all things computer/graphic related. Obviously it was a crappy news show.
I love being able to sit down with a cup of tea (or wine in the evenings) and know that I'm going to be sitting here for a while. I love that, I love being somewhere for a while, getting comfy there, and losing myself in whatever I'm doing.
As much as I love all of that, I can start to feel like a potato when I sit in front of the computer for so long. Even when I'm doing something productive like building a website, which I spent at least two hours last night doing.
I'm not sure what the point of this post is/was (it had a purpose when I started, I swear.) Maybe just to tell you that I spend a lot of time online now so if you want to iChat or something, I'm on. Also, I love my new laptop very much. I'm almost inspired by it. It's shiny and new and uncluttered. And not falling apart. That was a big selling point.
Since then, I've spent almost every free moment on my new computer: editing photos, figuring out how to burn CDs, loading all of my stuff, building a website in iWeb, and just learning how to use a Mac. The last time I used one? Eighth grade. I was on the school news team and somehow got put in charge of all things computer/graphic related. Obviously it was a crappy news show.
I love being able to sit down with a cup of tea (or wine in the evenings) and know that I'm going to be sitting here for a while. I love that, I love being somewhere for a while, getting comfy there, and losing myself in whatever I'm doing.
As much as I love all of that, I can start to feel like a potato when I sit in front of the computer for so long. Even when I'm doing something productive like building a website, which I spent at least two hours last night doing.
I'm not sure what the point of this post is/was (it had a purpose when I started, I swear.) Maybe just to tell you that I spend a lot of time online now so if you want to iChat or something, I'm on. Also, I love my new laptop very much. I'm almost inspired by it. It's shiny and new and uncluttered. And not falling apart. That was a big selling point.

1 comment:
Oooh lucky youuuu :) that's my dream laptop lol I love spending time in front of the computer too, but you're doing something productive and me in the other hand is simply playing with twitter :p
Post a Comment