Monday, August 24, 2009

Tell me, "Future Boy", who's President in the United States in 1985?

Sunday night, Kyle and I went to Autumn & Dominic's to grill out and play some Monopoly. We hadn't hung out with them since Memorial Day, so it was nice to go over there. In the time since Memorial Day, she had the baby but they didn't alienate us by talking about the baby non-stop, so that was nice, too.

Anyway. Monopoly. I love Monopoly, it's probably my all-time favorite game. But this Monopoly? This was the Monopoly with debit cards.


I can't lie, it was pretty cool. Everything's on your "debit" card and the properties are cities (with Montreal being the equivalent of Boardwalk. Explain that to me, please.)

The only thing is...I like the Monopoly money. I like all the colors, counting it out, and placing it carefully under the edge of the board so as not to lose it. So as not to lose it. Kyle liked not having to keep up with the money. He's lame.

The main thing, though? I felt like I was in the future...but I'm in 2009 so it makes sense that we're playing this kind of Monopoly. Out of all the times I've played Monopoly in my life, I never imagined there'd be a version with debit cards with denominations in the 10,000s (you get something like 12 million to start!) It was totally crazy and I totally felt like Marty McFly in the third Back to the Future flick.

2 comments:

Andhari said...

I'm not kidding when I say that I never play monopoly. Ever. In real life.

Sad :(

steph anne said...

I loved playing Monopoly and I didn't even know about this new one! It sounds like fun! I should host a "90's game night" party.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online