Yesterday, our friends Alex and Jamie got married. I knew it was a very small, intimate ceremony so I asked if they had a photographer. They didn't...so I played photographer. Everyone knew that I was just starting out and building a portfolio...which was a bit embarrassing, I must say. Embarrassing because I'm not the kind of person who sits down and learns things about her hobbies. I know what I know right now and if/when I want to now something else, I look it up and read about it. I don't know about different lenses because I'm content with the one I have. It makes me feel like a total amateur until I realize that this is just how I do things. I did the same thing with sewing and that seems to be working out pretty well.
I had a blast shooting them and their wedding. They are such a fun couple and Jamie was a total natural in front of the camera (not to mention the fact that she looked absolutely gorgeous.)
Here's a sampling of the photos from yesterday...
More can be found here. So...this is it. I think this is what I want to do. It's funny, in my life I've seriously wanted to be a paleontologist, child psychologist, and fashion designer but photography was always in the back of my mind. Now I'm taking the steps to build a portfolio and move forward with it.
And I am absolutely giddy.
And I am absolutely giddy.

4 comments:
they're wonderful shots! i wish you lots and lots of luck with it!
I saw the photos on flickr earlier and thought that they were very well done. Good job!
as soon as i saw those photos i thought, 'this young lady has found her passion'. they're really good, lem! keep going.
and i totally know what you mean about learning about stuff as you need it. reading and implementing seems to make the info stick in my head better.
Love the photos, they look good! You seriously have talent in this and I hope you get to have more and more gigs :)
Post a Comment