Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A dream is a wish your heart makes...or not.

Because if that statement were true, my heart would be pretty messed up.

I have very vivid, weird, sometimes violent, dreams. I noticed that they became much more vivid and violent after I began taking an anti-depressant. More than once, Kyle and I have had the following exchange...

Me: Kyle, I had this dream last night...
Kyle: Oh God.

So instead of telling him my dreams last night (because I had several), I'm telling the internet. Because he can have me committed, the internet can't.

  1. I was arrested for watching someone play a stolen Rock Band drum set. (The player was also arrested. Also, the player may or may not have been Peter from Degrassi.) There were several of us. The cops were undercover and drove mini vans. And borderline tortured us by driving very badly. My lawyer/public defender was my BFF from high school (who isn't my friend anymore so maybe BFF isn't accurate.) She totally screwed me over in high school but she won my case so that was cool.
  2. I witnessed a jet crash. Which is not totally weird since I live on an Air Force base. What is kind of weird is that it not only crashed, but exploded continuously for a good 15 minutes and missiles shot out of the explosion. What is totally weird, is that we (we, being a big crowd of people) just stood and watched in horror as missiles FLEW AT US. WHO DOES THAT?
  3. My cheerleading team (because I still miss cheerleading) lost a competition to a squad of five-year olds. I was all, "THEY'RE FIVE! THEY SUCK! THEY WERE SO OFF!"
  4. The Backstreet Boys got back together and went on tour doing their old stuff. I went. Best night of my life.
So there...my whole heart*, out on the internet for everyone to see.

*That is not really my heart. The Backstreet Boys were part of my twelve year old heart (along with that pesky heart condition) but my twenty-one year old heart contains things like the husband, the cats, and Johnny Depp.

4 comments:

Andhari said...

I would like Backstreet Boys to all get back together and make more albbums and tours. Feels like getting back to my 10 years old self!:)

jessicajane said...

did i ever tell you my best friend was a cheerleader and she had a heart condition in high school? i remember she had to wear teh heart moniter..we were walking downtown once and it started beeping and she fell to the ground...one of the scariest days of my life.

do you take any medicines for anything? (because of your crazy dreams)

Megan said...

Jessica - I tootaly screwed up part of that post. (it's fixed now.) When I started taking Zoloft, I noticed my dreams get crazier. For the most part, it doesn't bother me but sometimes I wake up terrified because of a dream.

Megan said...

And as for the heart thing being scary...it doesn't scare me all that much (because I'm unconscious) but everyone around me is absolutley terrified when I pass out. And rightfully so, I imagine.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online