Every once in a while, Kyle and I have a conversation that ends on a weird topic, begging the question, "How did we get here? How did we get on this topic?"
Case in point? Last night.
Let me set it up for you. We were on the way out the door to dinner. I was putting my phone in my purse while slipping my shoes on. Kyle was looking at the Nancy Drews on the dining room table. He asked what they were for and I explained to him that I had got them at the thrift store, they were very old, etc. etc. As we headed to the car, the conversation continued.
Me: I also got a copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for $6.99.
Kyle: It is beat up?
Me: No.
Kyle: Does it have pages missing?
Me: Um...no. It's in good shape, just used. Like the ones that I ordered from Amazon.
Kyle: WHAT?! Why would you order used books?!
Me: Because I'm not going to pay $30 for a new one when I can get one that's used and in good condition for $10 or $12.
Kyle: But they won't be leather bound.
Me: ...none of ours are leather bound. I don't even think they come leather bound.
Kyle: Well they should.
Me: Well maybe you should bind them in leather yourself.
Kyle: Well maybe I will.
So in a thirty second span, we went from thrift store books to binding books in leather. Way to go, honey.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
LOl i wont mind thrift store books, although I never got myself one. I mean, they're books and if they're still readable, what's so wrong, right?:)
Post a Comment