Monday, July 13, 2009

That's my Olive

Since the weather has turned the corner to beautiful, my cats love to go outside. They chase bugs and bees, eat grass, and do an slow army crawl on our stepping stones out front.

Apparently they've been getting a bit brave, though. There was a time when Olive just hung around on the front step and would only go into the yard on very rare occasions. Yesterday, however, she went all the way down to the end of our quadplex (actually, there are like seven houses so...septplex? sexplex? I don't know.)

I was upstairs sewing and the window that my sewing table is on overlooks the front yard. I saw a lady walk up to our door and ring the doorbell. When I opened the door, Olive flew in the house and the following conversation ensued...

Lady: Is that your cat? The black and white one?
Me: Yes.
L: Oh. Really?
M: Yes.
L: I lost a cat that looked just like that about a year ago...I was hoping maybe that was him.
M: Oh, no. I'm sorry, she's mine.
L: Have you had that cat a long time?
M: Yes maam. I brought her up from Florida with me.
L: Oooh. I see. Well, if you see another cat that looks like that, will you let me know? I live down in E.
M: Of course.
L: I mean, I'm sure he's gone but...

Now Kyle is totally paranoid that this woman is going to steal Olive. The lady just kept peeking in the house and the window, looking at the cat. It was very strange.

But can you blame her for wanting this cat?

2 comments:

Andhari said...

Olive is sooo cute and you should be careful with that lady lol. She sounds a bit intense

becca.elpy said...

Wow, um, that lady does sound a little spooky. One of my neighbors once told me our cat looked like a reincarnation of another neighbor's dead cat. I wasn't sure what to say to that.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online