Wednesday, August 22, 2007

QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER!

Monday night, Kyle and I went to Downtown Disney. We walked around and had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe. Then we went to the other side of Downtown Disney and walked around the Virgin Megastore because it's one of the coolest places on the planet. Overpriced, but cool.
We were looking at the DVDs and I saw this display with a Mr. Roger's keychain on it. I. freaked. out. Mr. Rogers was my life from ages 3-5. You pushed the buttons and he would sing "Won't you be my neighbor?" and tell you that you're special. I remembered that I saw a Mr. T one online and wished that I could find it. Then Kyle found it.
It is the best. thing. ever. We started pushing the buttons (I PITY THE FOOL!) and laughing like we have never laughed before (QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER!). People were staring at us (FIRST NAME, MR, MIDDLE NAME, PERIOD, LAST NAME, T!) but we didn't care (DON'T GIMME NO BACKTALK SUCKA!).
At this point, Kyle decided to buy it. I was looking at the Degrassi DVD box sets and every time I'd say something, Kyle would push the "SHUT UP, FOOL!" button and hold it in my face. He kept forgetting which buttons made him say what so sometimes we had to listen to about three sayings before he go to one that made sense. He said, "Megan, I'm not going to talk to you anymore. I'm just gonna push this button and let Mr. T talk."
He ended up not getting it, mainly because the line was almost out the door. And while I was going to buy A Hard Day's Night on DVD (for $10!), I thought it better to pay a few more bucks elsewhere and not have to stand in line for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Vintage Indie said...

OMG That's so funny! My mom, sister and I like to hoola-hoop in this large grocery store we go to! I bet the camera guys are getting a thrill! Ha ha.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online