Thursday, August 9, 2007

Mmmmmodpodge

So last night I was doing some collages when I realized that I really shouldn't be doing that, I should be making wristlets since I just got accepted to consign them at HeyPrettyCupcake. So I clean all the paper up and get out the fabric. Since I had been using my fabric scissors to cut paper and since I just bought this little scissor sharpener, I decided to sharpen my fabric scissors. So I sharpen them and then for no apparent reason, I decided to run my middle finger and thumb over the scissor blade. Yes, you read that right: I sharpened the scissors and immediately ran my fingers over the blade. Needless to say, my middle finger was cut. It hurt so so so bad and I expected blood to start spouting everywhere. But there was no blood. The rest of the night, and into this morning, I could feel the skin pull apart in the cut. Like it had healed a little and then I moved my finger weird and it pulled back apart. I have decided not to play with scissors like that anymore because even if they don't cut your fabric that well, they can and will cut your finger.

So anyway, here are the collages I was doing last night. I am especially proud of the first two because I drew that leg and that shoe. I know it is completley simple and basic but you have to understand, I cannot draw for the life of me. I'll be listing them in LemonLovesPaper over the next few days.













3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope your finger heals soon! and great job on the legs and shoes!!


http://sweetspicestory.blogspot.com/

Cathy said...

lol don't you hate that - you do something totally irrational and then think why oh why did i just do that?! don't worry, i've done plenty of dumb things in my time!!
great collages by the way :)(scrap4u)

Karen said...

Ouch! It hurts reading about it.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online