I talk about Kyle a lot but I realized that I've never posted a pic of us. So here we are...

And I'll be honest. This is an extremely old picture. Ok, not extrememly old, but it is almost 2 years old. I am no longer brunette (booo) and Kyle's hair isn't that long anymore (yay!). It was taken senior year on DECA's float for the homecoming parade. Our float was Back to the Future and Kyle was Doc. (I bet you couldn't tell). That remote he had was borrowed from a friend and supposedly cost like $80. He kept threatening people who tried to touch it or take it from him.
The parade went through downtown and since it is a small town, everyone was there.
So last Halloween we were sitting on his front step passing out candy and this kid comes up to get candy and says, "Hey! You're the guy from the Back to the Future float!"
That happened a year after the parade. We couldn't get over the fact that this kid remembered that Kyle was Doc. I mean, the parade lasted all of thirty minutes. That just goes to show that people remember Kyle and not the little girl in the mini skirt and Flashdance shirt. And I fought for my right to stand on a float, wear that Flashdance shirt, and dance to "Power of Love".

No comments:
Post a Comment