And tonight, we are living it.
I don't care who you support, who you are, where you're from, you have to admit this is pretty damn amazing. We are living history right now and, for once, it's a great moment in history. It's not a tragedy like September 11th, it's something that I will gladly tell my children and grandchildren about.
Yesterday at the coffee shop, an African-American woman pulled up. She had her kids in the backseat, her mother in the seat beside her, and she was wearing an "I voted for Obama" pin on her jacket. She was so nice and, as strange as it sounds, I could feel the pride coming off of her. It resonated with me for the rest of the night.
I know there are nasty things to come but I feel that there are also wonderful things ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It's true, it is historical and restores your faith in America
Post a Comment