I realize that it's Friday in other parts of the country but it's only 8:50PM here. Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Ours was a pleasant surprise. I didn't even think we were going anything until last night. One of Kyle's friends from tech school invited us over with a few other people. We ate and talked and laughed. It was the first time I've met anyone up here (except for the wonderful girls at work.) It was so nice to talk to someone in your shoes. Your exact shoes. We talked about our houses and how the burners on the oven are the suck and you can only use 3 of them because the 4th is slanted and whatever you put on there slides off. About how the dishwashers suck, how great of a movie Dirty Dancing is, about jelly shoes and all the other horrific things your mom made you wear. The other wives and I talked about this stuff, not the guys. They were too busy drinking clearance beer and playing cards.
It was the first time since high school (possibly middle school) that I felt accepted by other girls. The other girls were always nice to me but I never felt "in."
They all go hiking on the weekends and invited us. I didn't like hiking in Florida because there was usually a 100% chance of snakes. I swear my (life-long) fear of snakes has turned into a phobia. Here, there are no snakes. And as much as I hate snow, I'd rather be knee deep in snow than see one snake.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment