Last night after dinner, I made a cup of tea. I put the tea bag in the cup and walked (3 steps) to the dining room to finish cleaning up our dinner. When I turned around, Kyle was dipping my tea bag in and out of the cup (that sounded a little dirty, sorry.)
Me: What are you doing?
Him: Making tea.
Me: Oh, ok.
...
Him: Your tea is ready.
Me: Thanks...did you mess it up?
Him: How do you mess up tea?
Me: I don't know. Did you spit in it? Is there an M&M in it? (There is a bowl of Halloween M&Ms on the counter, that comment wasn't totally random.)
Him: Don't say "M&M in it." It brings back bad memories.
Me: Um, ok. Sorry...why?
Him: Well, when my aunt Karen and uncle Bill first got married, they lived with my nana and poppop. One day, Alyssa and I put a bag...or two...of M&Ms - I don't know why we put them in there - in aunt Karen's fish's bowl and killed it. She wasn't happy.
He told that story with the most serious tone. We couldn't stop laughing. I tried to take my tea into the living room but I didn't even get out of the kitchen because I spilled it on my leg and the kitchen floor I was laughing so hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
what kind of tea was it? :)
Post a Comment