But you know how someone comes to your house and stays for a really long time and you just want to say, "Get out of my house, PLEASE."?
Yea. Degrassi has reached that point.
That's season 4. Degrassi's golden season, as far as I'm concerned.
Everyone's there. There are love hexagons, Marco is still in the closet with his parents, and JT & Liberty have just started their relationship. There were so many storylines and so many issues to hit on. I could never predict what was coming up next and when the episode was over, I usually had to pick my jaw up off the ground.
Now I can predict the storyline within the first minute of the show. They've touched on every issue (except maybe hardcore drug use...but that might make me throw up.) Face it, Degrassi. You've done it all. Your glory days are over. It doesn't matter how many new cast members you add - even if you add enough to make the opening credits a full minute and a half - I don't think you'll ever make me as excited as you once did. I guess I'll just have to snuggle up with my DVDs and remember the good ol' days.

No comments:
Post a Comment