My first day was yesterday and it. was. awesome. I officially love working in the coffee shop. My boss is freakin awesome (I told her we were moving into our house tomorrow and she told me to 'come in whenever, it's ok.') I think I did OK, she didn't tell me I did anything wrong...I just hope everyone's drinks tasted good! By the way, mocha fraps smell so gross. How do people drink them?!
Anyway, when I got home last night, I smelled like coffee. It was fantastic. I made $17.50 in tips, too. It's a drive-thru coffee shop so I think $17.50 is pretty good! Those drive-thru coffee shops are really popular up here, Heidi (my boss) told me there were 80 of them in Anchorage but now there are only 50. They're pretty convenient...who wants to get out of their car when it's 14 degrees outside?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
yay! glad you had a good day. your boss sounds pretty nice, and good luck tomorrow with the move in!
Coffee makes me crazy. I drink tea instead. I always wanted to work at one of those coffee booths. I think thats awesome that you got a job so quickly. Are you moving into base housing, or an off base house? Yay for getting settled into Alaska!!! Have I mentioned (I'm sure I have, at least 50 times) that AK is our #1 on our dream sheet? Yep. We can't think of anything better than being able to catch our own salmon. Plus, we'd KILL for some cold weather. We're way too close to the equator.
Post a Comment