Sunday, October 26, 2008

Burnin Down the House

So I've burnt myself more times in the past 2 days than I have in my entire life. Further proving that when you get married, your ability to use the kitchen vanishes. Kyle has told me I'm only allowed to be in the kitchen if I'm getting a glass of water or a bowl of cereal. He forgot about this rule when he asked me for dinner last night. I know you're wondering how I burnt myself...wonder no more.

  1. While making our grilled cheeses, I put the butter knife on the edge of the stove. It grew legs and walked over to the edge of the burner. When the sandwiches were done, I put them on the plate and then grabbed the knife to cut them. The. knife. was. hot.
  2. While making pasta the other night, I didn't put the colander down in the sink before I started pouring the pasta in. Water came up and splashed my left hand which made me jump. And drop the pot. Hot water went all over my hand and a little on my arm.
  3. I went to turn the lamp off and grabbed the light bulb. I swear, I'm like Einstein lately.
  4. After taking the garlic bread out of the oven, I put the pan in the sink. I promptly decided that I should put it in the dishwasher. I went to grab it and remembered that it just came out of a 350 degree oven. I saved myself on that one.

I'm not wrapped up in bandages or anything so I guess that's good. No blisters or anything, just a lot of, "Ow!!! CRAP!" and "Did you burn yourself again?"

Also, you know those HSM gummies I blogged about the other day? The red ones are the only bad ones. The yellow, green, and teal (yea, teal) ones are really good. Clearly Canadians are backwards.

1 comment:

Tia Colleen said...

stop burning yourself lady!! I burn myself all the time too though. When I was making Christopher's birthday cake back in July, I somehow bumped my hand on the rack inside of the oven, and it burnt me so bad I still have a scar. I'm extra careful now, or, at least I'm trying to be. How much longer will y'all be in TLF?

And YAY for getting a job!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online